Make A Real Difference At PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
At PropertyGuru Group, we believe that every person – no matter what their circumstance – should have a place to call home. That’s why we’ve been on a mission to transform how people find, finance and own home across Southeast Asia over the last 13 years.
Voted by property seekers as “Asia’s Most Influential Brand for Online Property Search”, PropertyGuru enables real-world aspirations through digital transformation and constant innovation. Every day, the work that we do has a real and positive impact on thousands of lives.
As an employee, you’ll be empowered by our community work culture, where everyone has the autonomy, support and resources to do the best work of their careers. As we evolve our journey to help people make confident property decisions, we stay true to our core values to guide the way we work and the decisions we make every step of the way: we own it and deliver it, we have fun and celebrate success, we respect and care for each other, we push beyond good, and we create what’s next.
PropertyGuru is constantly bridging out into new customers’ experience and businesses across all our markets. One of the core roles will be the Software Engineer role for MyPropertyData fully owned subsidiary of PropertyGuru Group.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to work on a functionally rich end to end real estate finance application and further enhance your skills by being involved in a range of interesting and challenging web-based development projects. The successful candidate will gain hands on experience in what it takes to build and implement secure internet based and mobile device applications whilst continuing to build your experience in the latest technology. As a key part of the team, primary duties will be to design and write code to meet technical requirements and functional specifications. Other tasks include requirement analysis and program design, software testing, documentation and code review.
If you are a technically hands on person and enjoy spending your time coding, tinkering and pushing the boundaries of FinTech, then this is the role for you.
- System design including consultation with management, client and other stakeholders
- Assist with user walkthrough to review system and specification/design
- Production of requirements and functional specifications and codes to be written
- Estimation of effort required for tasks
- Creation of programs to specification
- Creation of test plans
- Unit testing of new processes
- Assistance with user testing and training
- Assistance with software release
- Installation/upgrades and training services as required
- Documentation as required
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering or any relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 3 years of commercial software experience
- Deep software engineering, quality and development process knowledge
- Practical software development experience in Java/EE, Design Patterns and Object-Oriented analysis and development
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Candidate should possess string analytical skills and passion for continuous learning and incremental improvement
- Core technical skills and competencies include: SPRING, Hibernate, PrimeFaces, Angular, Ionic Framework, PL/SQL, UI/UX
- Web services: RESTful
- Prior experience in working in real estate and finance sectors would be an added advantage
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Service Oriented architectures
- The ability and desire to contribute ideas and take ownership of assigned tasks
- The ability to work in a team and remotely
- Ability to create and deliver high quality Code in expected time frames
- Comfortable to liaise with teams in different countries
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative, and learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything, we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
For a full listing of our jobs, visit https://careers.propertygurugroup.com