Make A Real Difference At PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
At PropertyGuru Group, we believe that every person – no matter what their circumstance – should have a place to call home. That’s why we’ve been on a mission to transform how people find, finance and own home across Southeast Asia over the last 13 years.
Voted by property seekers as “Asia’s Most Influential Brand for Online Property Search”, PropertyGuru enables real-world aspirations through digital transformation and constant innovation. Every day, the work that we do has a real and positive impact on thousands of lives.
As an employee, you’ll be empowered by our community work culture, where everyone has the autonomy, support and resources to do the best work of their careers. As we evolve our journey to help people make confident property decisions, we stay true to our core values to guide the way we work and the decisions we make every step of the way: we own it and deliver it, we have fun and celebrate success, we respect and care for each other, we push beyond good, and we create what’s next.
You have a passion for the craft and a strong desire to grow as a professional. You understand the right balance between being technology purist and getting things done, and You know that making things right is hard and requires a high level of discipline and dedication. You are eager to become part of a high calibre team delivering multitude of micro services, enjoy the opportunity to witness the results of your work used by millions of users and long-term consequences of your decisions.
Senior software engineers at PropertyGuru are responsible for technology ownership needed to build high quality features and products that help millions of people in Southeast Asia find their dream home.
You will be part of the platform team which is responsible for implementing efficient, scalable and maintainable cross cutting micro-services & micro-frontend applications which are critical to the functioning of PropertyGuru’s PropTech business across marketplaces. Some of the core services owned by platform team are search, suggestion, notifications, authentication & authorisation, and user management. You will be working to establish best practices, set up guidelines, define and implement processes for the product development teams to help them build world class e-commerce platform. You will also get to manage and configure the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Docker Containers, Kubernetes Cluster Management, API Gateway, Nginx, CDN.
- Demonstrate expertise in software design patterns, with a passion for developing clean and reusable code.
- Show thought leadership by mentoring and assisting tech/non-tech staff within the PropertyGuru Group.
- Take ownership of software development aspects, such as architectural discussions, sprint planning, quality of product and code and user experience.
- Collaborate with other talented engineers spread across a multitude of tech teams in Singapore & Bangkok.
- 5+ years of web development experience using LAMP stack, Node.js, Java, or similar technologies.
- Proven track record of building scalable, high-quality software solutions.
- Experience of working at a product-oriented company.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodology, and ability of proactively manage task, projects and issues.
- Possess a strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming, especially in PHP.
- Exposure to collaboration tools like GitHub, JIRA, Confluence.
- Experience in frameworks such as Symfony 2, Express.js, NestJs, or proven ability to learn on the job.
- Experience with Elasticsearch will be a plus.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player and a sense of humour.