Senior Infrastructure and Operations Engineer - DevOps (Based in Bangkok / Singapore)
You have a passion for large distributed systems.
You have a strong interest in running high traffic sites, configuration management, monitoring and automation. Your goal is to keep the site stable and performant and make the Developers lives easy.
You understand that you can’t do all that alone but need a team, you understand the benefits of Agile and also that DevOps requires talking to and working together with Devs.
Previously you might have been a system admin, a software engineer, both or something else. But you feel at home in the shell and writing code.
You enjoy building and operating solutions that make life easier for millions of people. Your measure of success is the success of the team and the happiness of the users.
- Market leader in 4 countries. Over 100M page views per month
- Relatively large system running on a hybrid cloud
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Work experience as a Senior System or Senior Software Engineer
- Extensive Linux system admin experience (Ubuntu, Gentoo)
- Experience with automating Amazon AWS and related services (EC2 instances, ELB, EBS, S3, awscli, boto, etc.)
- Some experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL and PHP is a plus
- Deep understanding of networking: IP, HTTP, TCP/UDP, DNS, VPN, VLAN, firewalls, BGP, Cisco switches, etc.
- Proficient in bash and Ruby or Python
- Provisioning: Puppet, SaltStack, Terraform
- Troubleshooting in very complex distributed environments
- Continuous Delivery: Jenkins
- Virtualisation: LXC, KVM
- Agile best practices
- Monitoring tools: Nagios, Graphite, New Relic
- Version control: Git
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player and a sense of humor